Progress Wealth Management is a Financial Planning Firm that helps remove the friction from managing money and helps you reach your goals faster and easier.
Upon agreeing to hire us, we’d send you an email detailing your next steps. To get started, we’d ask you to:
- DocuSign our advisory agreement thereby agreeing to our fees and services.
- Link up your accounts.
- Schedule your next appointment with us.
How to link your accounts to our financial planning software
If you’d like more detail, click here to read our FAQ on how our technology helps bring organization to your finances.
Your Review Call
Once you’ve filled out your profile, you’ll have to schedule a call to review your financial life with us. We want to be sure that we know what your financial life, budget, goals, and obstacles all look like before we start building your financial plan.
Expect questions like:
- When do you want to retire?
- What short-term financial goals do you have?
- Do you intend any changes in family size, where you live, or how you live in the near future?
- Do you think getting laid off is a real risk you should be concerned with?
Also, expect to go through a questionnaire with us so we know what portfolio makes sense not just given your goals but considering how much risk you and your family are comfortable with.
Your Financial Plan Delivery Call
Once we know we have all the facts, we’ll review your financial plan together.
Typically, as a result, you’ll know:
- When you likely can retire and what you need to do to make that date earlier.
- The biggest problems in your financial life that need to be fixed within the next 6-12 months.
- Goals for things like budgeting, improvements to insurance, remedying problems with your estate plan, etc.
A Quick Overview of How Our Platform Makes Your Life Easier
Start Onboarding Accounts by accepting your email invitation
Once you sign your contract hiring us, we’ll send you an email invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org to create a login and set up your account.
After your login has been created, download our app.
Next, learn to use your portal.
Through Progress Wealth Management you can:
- Track your financial plan
- Track your progress towards your savings goals and financial goals.
- Optimize and file your taxes
- Track your investment progress
- See what holdings you own
- Make deposits and withdrawals
- View your transaction history
- Track your insurance
- Monitor your spending and budget
- Analyze your estate plan
- Stay more organized
Download Altruist’s brochure if you’d like to learn more about why Progress Wealth Management chose Altruist to hold its client money.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much does it cost me to use Altruist?
The Altruist platform and app are free to access for investors who work with an Altruist financial advisor. Please see Altruist’s legal page for their most updated Fee Schedule – and connect with your Advisor directly regarding any fees they charge or fees that may also apply for certain portfolios assigned to your account.
How do I connect my bank account?
In the online portal, visit your settings, click Accounts, then click Add Bank.
On the mobile app, click on Transfers and click through either deposits or withdrawals, to Add Bank.
Once you have a bank linked, you can easily transfer funds in and out of Altruist.
How do I set up recurring transfers?
To set up recurring transfers, simply click on Add Funds on the website or Transfers on your mobile app. You can determine if you’d like to transfer weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
Can I change my individual account to a joint account and vice versa?
You may be able to do this by notifying your advisor at Progress Wealth Management.
Does Altruist manage my money or does my advisor?
Altruist is the tool that powers the great work that your financial advisor does. They manage your money.
How secure is my financial data at RightCapital?
Very. We use various practices, policies, and technology to ensure not only is your data locked down but is also limited to what is needed by your advisor. Click here to learn more.
Who is Apex Clearing?
Apex Clearing is Altruist’s custodial and clearing partner. We work with them to keep your securities and assets safe, preventing them from being stolen or lost. You’ll receive monthly statements, trade activity notifications, and important tax docs from email@example.com.